Southern California Medical Center is currently looking for Doctors of Osteopathic Medicine at our El Monte, Pico Rivera, Pomona, Van Nuys, and Long Beach clinics. Our physicians provide care to patients by examining, taking medical histories and prescribing medications. The physician also orders, performs, and interprets diagnostic tests and often educates patients on diet, hygiene, and preventive healthcare.
· Provide patients with primary medical care services within the standard of care for Internal Medicine.
· Order laboratory and radiology tests and refer patients to specialists when appropriate.
· Analyze reports, test results, medical records and examinations to diagnose condition of patients and propose treatment options.
· Prescribe pharmaceuticals, medications, and treatment regimens to treat identified and documented medical conditions.
· Discuss potential side effects of medication/treatment with patients and ensure that all allergy information is up-to-date before prescribing medication/treatment.
· Provide advice to patients for lifestyle and diet changes that may improve their health or help to treat the health issue they are experiencing.
· Adhere to departmental policies, procedures and objectives, ongoing quality improvement objectives and safety, environmental, and infection control standards.
· Maintain patient confidentiality and comply with all federal and state health information privacy laws.
· Ensure medical records are legible and complete in a timely manner.
· Work closely and communicate effectively with all SCMC employees.
· All other duties as assigned.